Orlando anxiety counselors, anxiety therapists and psychologists who treat anxiety often advocate lifestyle and cognitive changes to their clients to help them better manage their anxiety.
To know if you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you often feel worried, stressed, edgy or nervous?
- Do you often spend a big part of the day worrying?
- Do you feel that things are overwhelming?
- Do you find it difficult to unwind and calm down?
- Do you often imagine the worse case scenario?
- Do you often experience physical symptoms such as muscular tension, dizziness, rapid heartbeat or breathing difficulty?
Everyone can suffer from anxiety. Anxiety can affect men, women, adults, teens and children. Anxiety is that uncomfortable feeling that all of us experience during times of stress and worry. We often describe our anxious feelings as feeling irritable, tense, uptight or wound up. We tend to experience symptoms of anxiety physically, mentally and behaviorally. Physical sensations, such as shortness of breath, muscular tension, rapid heart beat and sweating, often accompany our feelings of anxiety. Mentally, anxiety causes us to worry for long periods of time, often about many different issues and our mind jumps quickly from one worry to another worry. Anxiety also affects the way we behave. For example, anxiety about what others could think about us may keep us from doing things we’d like to be doing.
So how can you reduce your levels of anxiety?
Fortunately, there are a number of strategies you can implement to help you to feel less anxious:
- Incorporate relaxation and meditation into your daily schedule.
- Begin a regular exercise routine.
- Learn to challenge your unhelpful thoughts so you can see things more realistically.
- Begin to identify and confront your fears.
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol you consumption.
Anxiety therapists and counselors want to reassure you that anxiety is treatable. Anxiety counseling can you to identify the underlying causes of your anxiety, help you gain a more realistic perspective on the situations you’re facing and work with you to develop coping skills so you can find calm during times of stress. Tools are available to help you can quiet your anxious mind. Let’s get you feeling better!
Speak With An Orlando Anxiety Counselor